Thursday, May 22, 2008

Workin'

Wow, the May full moon's come and gone already and the Rhodie's are in bloom! We'll be visiting the graves this Sunday for Memorial Day and working more on the house to get it ready for painting. My Bleeding Harts are in full force as well, and I'm enjoying all my herbs...still have to plant some seeds and tomato plants a neighbor gave us.

....am excited for Midsommer this year, and hopefully will be able to celebrate Lughnasa as well (it will be in the middle of my full working months...). I read in Cunningham's Encylopedia of Magical Herbs that some folks make a blackberry pie to mark the holiday. I think that fits in perfectly with the seasons around here, although I prefer cobblers to pies!

It actually got hot a couple days ago, into the 90's! Seem like we went straight from late winter (it hailed just a couple weeks ago) straight into full summer! I've changed the decorations around the house from May Day to summertime fruits...it's sure nice!

4 comments:

Hypatia said...

Ok, yea I know it's "Bleeding Hearts"..but hey, I was typing fast!

Arkonbey said...

I didn't notice until you pointed it out!

Dang. I could have made a comment about hunting deer out of season.

smoke said...

Yo!

:-)

Swinebread said...

Time to build your own stonehenge