Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Seaside Thoughts and Musings....

Sunset on the Prom

Geez, it's almost the end of August...this "workin" business sure tends to interfere with my life! I have only 3 more days, yay!Anyway, earlier this month I took a week long vacation in Seaside w/my Dad and Husband. It was alot of fun, especially since I took along my new book I got for my birthday, The Druid Magic Handbook by John Michael Greer, sequel to his first book on the subject, The Druidry Handbook (which I also have!).

I took time out to finish some sewing projects, of which I VERY proud! I plan on having them framed when I have some money to do so...along with my OCF poster I got this past July.

I also went for long walks along "the Prom", some with Dad, and some w/hubby...but mostly by myself. The last couple days were a little strange...very misty and foggy. I walked all the way to Avenue U from the Turnaround...and on the way stopped to sit on a bench for a rest. Quite unexpectedly a flock of Canadian Geese winged almost silently overhead...almost imperceptible in the heavy misty morning. They flew in from "nothingnesss" straight as an arrow into "nothingness"...only they knew where they were going by some unknown sense. They seemed to be going to Tillamook Head from the direction they were going...I only knew that since I've been to this area since I was a little kid and have a good sense of direction. Otherwise, you could only see about 30-40 feet to any one side of yourself, due to the fog.

Strange and glorious, maybe even a little thrilling. I took a walk barefoot on the beach later that same day. I wanted to experience something, a bit of nature, perhaps I was in a "Spiritual Attitude" as Brendan Cathbad Myers says in his book, The Mysteries of Druidry. (I got this book in Astoria, of all places!).

Yea, Druidry - it's got alot to offer. I'm pondering that as a possible additional path to the Goddess path I've been treading for some time now... And I've ordered all of Shekhinah Mountainwater's currently available works: her Rune Book, Music CD, and Last Interview DVD, (she passed away August 11, 2007). Last year I managed to get my hands on her seminal work, Ariadne's Thread; a well-used copy from Powell's. I feel lucky to have gotten it.

This has been a busy summer, but I've been in the best of health (mostly!) to enjoy it! I can tell my mind and heart have been turning to make some decisions and commitments...while letting others go..but I need to figure out out exactly how and when all this will happen. What's important, what's not - and focus my efforts and energy towards those goals.

Now, curiously, as I'm no longer in my twenties...or even thirties (!)..I feel confident I will make the right decisions...but I'm not so impatient or anxious about it as I was in earlier times.... it will be "All in good time" I expect!

3 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

Sounds like a good week. Keep up the good inner work.

Swinebread said...

What a great picture! It really sets the tone for the whole post.

I've always found walking on the beach very enriching spiritually too.

Hypatia said...

Thanks guys! This is an edited pic of one I took during one of the great sunsets we saw...hopefully Snabby will do a post about the trip at some point....

I wanted to get a pic where the sunset was still going on, but it was dark enough to have the street seastar lights glow as well...I think I was able to get it!