Sunday, April 13, 2008

Crabapple Time!

The neighbor down the street finally is about to have her Crabapples bloom...I'm so excited! I love to make a big vase w/branches to display in our home, it makes me feel like Beltane is truly "on it's way"! I also like the fact the they last longer than Cherry blossoms, start out hot pink and then gradually whiten as they bloom!

I've planted some more herbs, (Lavender, Italian-(Flatleaf) Parsely), and got just a few flowers as well-a hanging pot w/3 different things, a hot pink geranium, some kind of blue perennial and for a change of pace - white pansies w/a yellow center. I've planted the pansies in the front pots, everything else in the back. We also received some kind of yellow perennial as a gift from my SIL and her hubby. This was a present in rememberance of our son, so it's very special and I hope it does well. The dogwood is budding out, so I hope to have pics of it soon too!

1 comment:

Arkonbey said...

Our crabapple has not yet bloomed. We are in our second spring here and last spring I rescued said tree from some sort of strangly tarzan vine. Hopefully, it'll be providing deer snacks in no time.