Monday, April 27, 2009

May Day Fun!

Spring Lady Bag

Well, I'm working on a new project...and trying to get it done by Friday - May 1st!
I got the special edition Eco Bag from Sublime Stitching, and mostly following Jenny Hart's design & colors, (see pic above). I'll post updates as I finish more embroidery.

Also, I'll see if I can take pics at the May Day celebration at the Rose Garden too - I'll be up early - at 4am to get there in time for the Bagpipes at Sunrise!

Spring Lady-More!

Update # 1 - I've finished up the face, and will do the bee stuff tomorrow (will upload another pic too). I've really liked how it's turned out so far...and I'm on track to be finished by Thursday night (May Day Eve)-Yay!




Spring Lady-"Bee" almost done!
Well, I am way ahead of myself...I might be able to finish it by tonight...a whole day early! This is great, since I've got alot of other things to prepare for May Day - I really want it to be a totally fun day for the family!





Spring Lady DONE!
Yay! It's all done, and I've sure received alot of compliments on it! I am really pleased with how this project turned out, and will definitely be checking out other Limited Edition stuff by Sublime Stitching (the bag is already down from the website!)...Jenny Hart has had something special for each month this year; in February she had a VERY cute Valentine's inspired stitchable card...but I couldn't get it :( ...due to money being tight. Check out her site at the link above and see what her featured product is this month!

5 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

I hope it is a great May morning! Enjoy.

Dean Wormer said...

That is a piece of art. I dunno if I asked you this but do you ever enter your stitching in the fair?

(Word verification "druckily." A word Jackie Chan uses a lot when he's telling a story. "I was attacked by five men but druckily I had nunchucks.")

Me said...

Hyp, that is just gorgeous!

You're an artist, girl!

Thanks for sharing that with us.

:)

Swinebread said...

Really beautiful, congrats on your hard work.

hmmm maybe I should have you do some more comic themed stuff

Hypatia said...

Thank you all so much! It was bit of work to get it done in time-but I LOVE it!

Swiney-let me know, maybe we can work on a project together....